WHY YOUR CHILD NEEDS A FLOWER PRESSING KIT!
- Hassle free.
- No more heavy books to press them.
- You don’t need any hot iron.
- Safe for children.
- Easy and more fun to do.
- The color and details of the flowers and leaves are preserved beautifully.
LOADS OF CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- Stimulate imagination and curiosity, not to mention creativity.
- Develop hand-eye coordination.
- Fine and gross motor skills.
- Discover and Loving nature. Let nature be your child’s teacher.
- Learn how to recycle. Be eco-friendly and use what mother earth has given, use less paper and plastic.
- Develop Naturalist Intelligence.
Famous scholars with high naturalist intelligence – Charles Darwin – famous evolutionary scientist,
E.O Wilson – father of sociobiology.
START OFF FLOWER PRESSING WITH A NATURE WALK
Encourage a sense of wonder in young scientists at home by going on a backyard plant exploration to collect leaves and flowers to press and preserve.
Gather as many fresh flowers and leaves and would be more fun and educational if you know their names!
Tips for finding perfect flowers
- Pick flowers right when it blooms. Wild flowers work best. The color tends to fade when pressed, so prime flowers give the most colorful print.
- Choose flowers which have a flat bud like violets, daisies, pansies…. They are much easier to work with and will lay nice and flat. Otherwise for globe shaped, you can cut into half for easier pressing.
- Flowers which have been dried out in the sun is best as wet flowers are prone to mold. The drier the better.
- Remove the stem right at the base of the flowers.
Tips for finding perfect leaves
- Check that they are free from insects and fungi
- Be careful not to collect undesirable plants like poison ivy. Do some research.
- Leaves which do not have much moisture content are easier to press
- Make sure the leaves are completely dry before pressing.
That’s it – your children can start their adventure in flower pressing now!
Leave the pressing for about 1 to 2 weeks (depending on the thickness), and voila a collection of beautiful, colorful pressed flowers and leaves 🙂
Inspire your children to make a host of art pieces and gift projects with them!
This flower press is made of wood and paper and measures 20 x 20 x 7 cm. Order now and enjoy endless creative works of art with your children!
Help to share this blog with your friends who might find this article useful!
Visit our other blogs https://funtoysland.com/blog/ which shares creative games and activities to play with our collection of toys to boost your children development skills!