A metal kazoo is a tube-formed, American musical instrument, with both ends of the tube uncovered.
One end of the tube is flattened which is the mouth-piece, while the other end of the tube has a small circular opening.
The metal kazoo is one of the great first musical instruments for kids as it is simple to play (the kids just hum), hard wearing, longer attention span and withstand being played with.
DO NOT BLOW. HUMMING IS THE KEY!!
You hum the melody into the mouthpiece because humming creates vibration.
Practice humming songs first without the kazoo.
Then try humming with your kazoo’s mouthpiece against your mouth.
You can create a diversity of sounds when you wholly or partially cover up the membrane.
Activities with the metal kazoo –
- All children knows how to hum. Encourage them to hum nursery songs first, then hum using the kazoo.
Humming is known to be calming and soothing (which is why we always hum while trying to put a baby to sleep), training your vocals, keep sinuses healthy, helps to focus.
- Pretend to be the Pied Piper of Hamelin and dance around the garden or house and imagine all his favourite animals dancing with him. This develops kinesthetic intelligence and imagination.
Have a story telling if the children had not heard of this story.
- Gather some friends and have a role play. This was one of our favorite at our daycare centre. The children humming the song “Old MacDonald” with the kazoo. The others will sing along and acting out the the animal sound. Flapping their arms and waddling like a duck,“and a quack quack here and a quack quack there” . This activity is really fun and hilarious and promotes social skill.
- Invite your neighbor children to play with the kazoo and have an orchestra of music.
- Form a band with each friend playing different instruments.
Exposing different musical instruments to kids is a great way to introduce the various musical instruments.
- When children play make-up games or playing in a team, they also learn how to creatively collaborate with their friends. This teamwork skill is incredibly important as they grow up in life.
- Made of metal , light-weight and durable
- Comes in 2 colors – silver and gold.
Now that you know how to play a metal kazo0, buy now and have musical fun with your family and friends!
Help to share this blog with your friends who might find this article useful!
Visit our other blogs https://funtoysland.com/blog/ which shares creative games and activities to play with our collection of toys to boost your children development skills!