When a child plays with a square puzzle, three wonderful basic early childhood development skills are built.
- Fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination are developed when he stacks and rearranges the pieces.
- Cognitive skills and divergent thinking are enhanced while finding the solution to solve the puzzle.
- Cultivates patience and a sense of fulfillment when they solve the puzzle.
Try these activities with your little ones.
- Record the time taken to complete the puzzle
Record the time taken to complete the puzzle. Encourage them to play again and each time, record the time on a piece of paper. Challenge them to beat the previous time record. This makes it more challenging and also to develop their memory skills.
- Shape recognition and classification
Call out a shape for the child to pick. If he picks a blue rectangle, ask him to find other similar shapes with the same or different colors. Encourage him to sort out all the pieces which has the same color or same shape.
Congratulations, you have just taught geometry to your child!
Geometry is the part of mathematics that studies the size, shapes, positions and dimensions of things.
- Creative Thinking Skills
Ask the child to look around the house for things which are 4-sided like the square and the rectangle. Spot other objects with different shapes. You can also try with colors.
This helps them to associate and relate the shapes and colors to real objects.
Psychologists have determined that a child’s brain development is influenced significantly when a child acts on or manipulates the world around him.
- Problem Solving Skills
The square puzzle helps the children in managing tasks. When they learn that visually complex problems can be solved by breaking to smaller, manageable pieces. Remind the child how the puzzle game was played when he is faced with a complex maths question – the puzzle was solved step by step.
The Square Puzzle
- Promotes emotional skills, cognitive skills, and physical skills
- High quality Wood and Safe Water-Paint
- Small and loose parts. Adult supervision recommended.
Help to share this blog with your friends who might find this article useful!
Visit our other blogs https://funtoysland.com/blog/ which shares creative games and activities to play with our collection of educational toys to boost your children development skills!